An exhibition, in the most general sense, is an organised presentation and display of a selection of items. In practice, exhibitions usually occur within a cultural or educational setting
Why deploy technology?
1) PRE- REGISTRATION - To ease on onsite registration a form is often placed on the event website for attendees to self register online.
2) MASS ATTENDANCE - Expos experience large attendance throughout the day especially where the participants are not paying.
3) EXPO SPACE BOOKING - Exhibitors needs a Simplified booking process that minimizes conflict in space allocation.
4) PAYMENT SOLUTIONS - Participants need a convenient way of paying both online and onsite.
5) PARTICIPANTS NETWORKING - The main purpose of an expo is to allow for attendees to mingle and network freely. Technology can ease this by including gamification like raffles
6) CONTENT SHARING - Participants should be able to share content on their networks These include exhibitor content and event gallery.
7) FEEDBACK COLLECTION - Collecting feedback fast and effectively. The information can be analyzed to reveal patterns and other useful trends
8) WIDE REACH - Interested parties that are interested in the Expo but cannot attend can be able to participate via livestream
9) B2B AND B2C MATCHING - Meet expectations of your participants by matching their needs to each other
10) LEAD GENERATION - The exhibiting companies will want to generate leads in the event and maximize on their ROI.