Public participation forums are events where the public voluntarily participates for educational or opinion collection purposes.
Public forums are characterzed by:
1) UNPREDICTABLE NUMBERS - Unpredictable number of participants. This can create roudyness
2) INSECURITY - Because of not knowing who will come, ill intentioned people can capitalize on the crowd to participate in anti-social behavior like petty thefts and heckling
3) BROKEN COMMUNICATION - Potentially the participants can feel discontented as information isn't easy flowing.
4) UNHEARD - Discontentment as some participans may monopolize the sessions and the rest are not heard
5) IRREGULAR VOTES - Unfair voting processes as the public are disorganized. Voting by aclamation or show of hands is inconclussive
6) MINUTES DISTRIBUTION - Difficulty in distributing the minutes of the event as contact information scanty if available